Sunday, December 24, 2006

proper thanks

first of all, i'd like to say; especially at this time of year, that I am so lucky to know so many great people, all yous fullas, for starters!

Thanks for all your support and letters and hugs. even if I've been a few thousand miles away from you, i've felt them. It really means a lot to me and has kept me going.

I hope you all have a great Christmas and New Years.

I've been doing lots of thinking this year (i know, dangerous as that is!) and inspired by what Mr G wrote in a forum, this is my "the good, the bad" for 2006.


The good
I met some beautiful people.
I got engaged to a beautiful person. Bloody hell, I got engaged!!!
I went snowboarding and didn't break a bone! and also loved it.
I laughed, a lot.
I people-watched in the best places.
I went to Amsterdam.
I hugged one of my bestest friends.
I hugged my dad.
I kept in touch with people.
I went to South Africa with a cool person.
I hugged my brother and got to know my sister-in-law better. she's cool (but i already knew that).
I just hugged a lot of beautiful people.
I went to some cool gigs.
I got a cat! a cool cat

The bad
A beautiful person was taken away from us.
My bestest friend got sick.
i didn't hug my mum.
I didn't hug some friends when they needed it.
I didn't see nz/whanau.
I got frustrated and unhappy about little silly things.

2007: bring it on. I'm glad i don't know what's round the corner, it makes you appreciate every day that little bit more. I'm going to say what i always say (i don't believe in resolutions) but more of a guide for me: 'be true to yourself'. bloody hard to do, but i keep trying.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home