Friday, September 19, 2008

ok that's just ridiculous

well what did I see when nipping into the local supermarche a couple of weeks ago (yes, 2 weeks ago). Christmas cards and christmas wrapping paper.
'bloody hell' I thought, that's just typical of the "evil multi-national taking-over-the-world supermarket" that I frequent because I'm a hypocrite and don't go to local shops (during the week anyhoo, in local shops on weekends, i promise!!) christmas in the first week of september??? it hasn't even been halloween to consumerise over yet!

but hey-ho whaddya know, every shop I've been into since that day 2 weeks ago has bloody christmas bloody paraphenalia in it!!

If my ma and pa weren't coming over for Christmas I might have considered boycotting the 25th of dec this year I'm so disgusted with the galling materialism of the concept.

no pressy's for us, ma and pa are the best yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brigit said...

Shame on them! We waited until October... haha. no really, im disgusted at myself, but the consumers are forcing us to display chrissy ornaments by the dozen! " do you have any christmasie things in yet?"
" Im shopping early and dont want to spend a fortune, do you have christmas tree decorations?"
"I visited the christmas shop yesterday dont you know, well they have everything! what do you have?"
Its a win - lose situation, if we dont put the bastard christmas things out, then we lose our custom to the competition, if we do put it out, we feel like shits.
By the way, we have already had to re-order on our angels. Go figure!

5:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home