Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thoughts from a disqualified colonial.....

yes well we all know that it's been far too long between drinks for me writing this blog.
sorry chaps. life has got in the way a bit. will slowly plough away at writing re: the wedding and so forth......

Every ting i've learnt has been from random nonegenerians....

So said aforementioned nonegenerian to me on friday (see opening title). She 's been a prisoner in the 'jap camps' in the first world war, speaks frightfully well, and says her only mistake in life has been to outlive everyone, especially her precious husband...first question when finding out I too was a 'disqualified colonial' was 'what the bloody hell are you doing in this god-awful place then eh what?'. I explain I had the (mis)fortune of meeting a bloody scot and look where it got me. Her deep blue eyes twinkled and face creased into long-established laugh lines. 'yes, happens to the best of us.' Next question: 'do you get homesick?' and I didn't even have to explain the sentence "it comes and it goes". She merely nodded and deep eyes again revealed all understanding.

So today was a cracker autumnal day. crisp. golden. sun warming your face. wander through baxter park. read. occasionally getting hugs from passing puppy's. people-watch.

Life is good.

Enjoy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home